Brand in Focus - Ariat Footwear
Hi Everyone, my name is Daphne and I work for Hollands Country Clothing in the Customer Service department. If you ever need to give us a call, it will likely be me you speak to, for friendly, expert advice!
Having lived in the beautiful, scenic Peak District for much of my life I have enjoyed various country pursuits, from horse riding to walking in the Peaks with our dogs, to feeding the birds and taking endless photographs of an ever-changing landscape. I also like to bake, cook, and make jams, preserves and have even taken to growing my own vegetables which I am loving - top tips are very welcome!
With Buxton, our famous spa town and the highest market town in England, Bakewell (with its famous pudding) Lyme Park and Chatsworth House on our doorsteps, I tend to always be out and about looking for inspiration.
As I work, eat and sleep country living, working for a country clothing company is fantastic! I love the brands we stock and find that they offer quality and value for money. I have tried most of the brands although not all the products…yet.
I thought some of you would like to read my thoughts and experiences with our brands and products.
To start this series off, I thought I would take you through one of the latest brands we have started stocking; the highly admired and sought after Ariat clothing and footwear.
Launched in 1993 by Beth Cross and Pam Parker, Ariat has become synonymous with unequivocal style and quality progression within equestrian footwear and clothing.
By 2020 Ariat had become the largest equestrian brand in the world and are still at the forefront of equestrian footwear and clothing innovation.
Taking its name from one of the greatest racehorses in history 'Secretariat', Ariat is racing ahead in its field of expertise.
The durability and quality ensure you will be wearing your purchase season after season, reducing your carbon footprint whilst not compromising on style.
With Planet sustainability at the forefront of the company's thinking and values, you can be assured that you are buying products with careful consideration behind them.
From High Performance riding clothing, Western style boots and traditional English Country boots you can rest assured your covered.
Created with every attention to detail carefully considered Ariat boots are comfortable and uncompromised with Duratread™ outsoles and cushioned footbeds you get a premium feel even on the longest days in or out of the saddle.
Ariat have come a long way in the last 28 years and now produce a wide range of products which all have an essence of equestrianism but also can be worn in mainstream society.
Although many companies dilute their products once they start to expand their ranges this has not been the case with Ariat.
With a wardrobe of Country, Western and Equestrian for Men, Women and Children the choice is growing.
As a lover of Ariat for many years, when I heard we were to become stockists I was over the moon. I love Ariat! I have had boots, shoes, sunstoppers and baselayers and have never had a problem. The bit cruiser shoes are the comfiest shoes EVER.
So far we stock thirteen Ariat products and I am slowly getting round to trying them all!
As we are now going through Spring, I have found that I have started to wear my long boots less and started to wear my short boots more. I am still hanging onto my Ariat Wythburn Waterproof Boots, as these have been on my feet most of the winter and I am loathed to stop wearing them just yet…Never cast a clout until May is out and all that!
Made of beautiful full grain leather these boots are now a staple of my country wardrobe.
Mid length is good for me as I am only 5ft and I feel that sometimes a longer boot can be too close to the back of my knees without heel risers.
The weathered brown is such a classy colour and goes with jeans perfectly. The hooks and eyelets make them easy to put on as they go down to mid-calf and open all the way up allowing you to get your leg inside which then helps you to push your foot deep into the comfiness.
One of Ariats most stylish and comfortable boots for all day wear I would highly recommend the Wythburn.
As I said I have started to wear short boots now we have gone into spring. At Hollands we do a lot of short boots and I do like the look of a Chelsea boot with jeans, blazer, white shirt; its very smart yet feminine.
I have tried the Wexford and although I first thought it looked a bit long, I have since found that I quite like it. I think it is the colour that I mostly like, I went for Java. A multipurpose boot; it has the exceptional comfort of all Ariat boots. The twin panels and pull-on back tab make these an easy slip-on boot.
As with most leather boots although they can feel a bit hard at first, they soon soften up as you wear them in. With excellent waterproof protection, they are great to wear regardless of the weather.
I would class them as a true to fit boot and find the fact that Ariat do half sizes an added bonus.
A good all-rounder for this time of year.
In our collection so far are:
- Ariat Langdale Waterproof Leather Boots; Smart, Casual and Versatile, fully waterproof with lace up back detail, a fake strap buckle detail around the calf. The Duratread outsole is stirrup useable.
- Ariat Eskdale H20 Waterproof Boots; Premium full grain leather and suede. Brass buckle detailing. A fully waterproof membrane and Duratread outsole make these boots suitable to wear across all terrains in all weathers
- Ariat Coniston Waterproof Insulated Boots; Iconic, Classic, Warm, Comfortable, Waterproof, Stirrup Friendly, Branded Buckle, Lace Up Frontage Beautiful Boot
- Ariat Windermere II Waterproof Boots a Classic pull-on boot, versatile enough to be good looking in town or country settings
- Women's Wythburn H20 Country Boots; Eyelet and hook front fastening adds a stylish appearance as well as making them easy to get on and off
- Ariat Coniston Pro Gore-Tex Boots; With Ariat's innovative ATS Pro technology. Full length YKK zip. Front lace up. Country check lining. Warm, Stylish, Innovative all that you would want in a country boot
- Ariat Wexford Waterproof Boots; Stylish and sophisticated. Waterproof, Slip on, Advanced Torque Stability a great all-round town and country boot. Available for Him or Her
- Ariat Women's Skyline Mid Waterproof Boots; Smart, Durable and Practical. Extra wear protection at toe and heel. A stylish hiking boot
- Ariat Burford Wellington Boot; An elegant and attractive wellington boot with shock absorbing EVA midsoles, Duratread outsoles, adjustable leather buckle strap, complete rubber upper and fully waterproof
I think you will agree that the quality of these products speak for themselves and we look forward to introducing more lines from Ariat in the Autumn so watch this space!