The Insider's Guide to Christmas Present Buying
12 Top Tips To Make Your Christmas Special
It is hard to believe that another year has gone by, and another Christmas is upon us.
The tricky conundrum of picking the perfect present once again presents itself. With this in mind I've put together a few tips designed to reassure the anxious and guide the inexperienced...
1) Congratulations, you've made it to the 21st century! By choosing to do your shopping on the internet you have already exempted yourself from the misery of shopping on the high street - smart move. Why wouldn't you want to do all your Christmas shopping from the comfort of your own home - saving money and time, and missing out on the stress of parking and fighting through the crowds. So, fire up the ipad, settle back and get started – you’re well on the way to having a great Christmas.
2) Forget the Algebra. According to a new report the magic formula for perfect gift giving and ensuring Christmas happiness is: (L x 2) + O + E2 - PD + EM = PP (L = listening O = observation, E= effort, PD= personal desire, EM= empathy, PP= Perfect Present). Well, that's Boffins for you! But, even in the world of internet algorithms and AI, they still haven't managed to turn us all into robots just yet. Christmas is about fun! Buying a present should be a wonderful experience - can't you already imagine the smile on your loved one's face when they open their present.
3) It's the thought that counts. Research shows that a gift is much more valued if the receiver can see that the sender has put something of themselves into the choice. Empathy and choosing something that shows you have special connection with a person adds a huge amount of perceived value to a gift. A well thought out present easily makes up for a limited budget. So, it turns out it's true - it is the thought that counts.
4) Don’t stress the small stuff. And remember it’s all small stuff. In the end it doesn’t matter if an odd present turns out to be a disappointment. That’s life. But, if you plan ahead even small disappointments can be avoided. Start early, make a list, cross people off when their gift is picked, that way you’ll know exactly where you’re up to.
5) Buy a couple of extra presents. There’s always the chance that you have forgotten somebody. Have your backups wrapped and ready to go for an embarrassment avoiding quick reaction to an unforeseen arrival.
6) Accessories are great. They are often either size neutral or one size fits all. Keeping things simple is a good idea.
7) Listen carefully. Your loved ones will be consciously or subconsciously signalling what they want. Pay attention, you don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that if they complain about getting wet when they walk the dog they might love a new coat. You get the idea. Imagine how good you will feel when they are amazed to find just what they wanted inside their stocking.
8) Make notes. If somebody particularly admires somebody else’s present it might be a great idea to get them the same thing next year!
9) Make it magical. Christmas is a wonderful time and it’s easy to make it even more special. Create an atmosphere, set the scene – place the presents under a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, invest in fancy wrapping paper and ribbons. Put some music on and treat everybody to a drink.
10) It’s okay to struggle. Not everyone is a gifted gifter. And let’s face it, some people are just difficult to buy for. So, it’s handy to know that Holland’s now do easy to give gift cards that make sure even surly uncles are sure get just what they wanted. Holland's Country Clothing Gift Cards - solve that problem present.
11) Don’t despair. Even if you seem to have got it wrong, things are soon remedied. If something doesn’t fit or the recipient isn’t entirely happy with the colour you can return any item to Holland’s Country Clothing right up to the 21st of January 2018 for an exchange or refund. Remember, keep all labels attached, don’t lose your order number and don’t to forget to fill out the returns form.
12) One final tip. Make things even simpler. If you go to the Holland’s Country Clothing Christmas Gift Collection you can find great presents for everybody all in one place – often at super sale prices.
And that’s just about all you need to know to make you and your family’s Christmas even more special this year.
May I end by taking this opportunity to wish you all the very best for the season!