How to Care for Hoggs of Fife Boots
As a go-to pair for all things country living, your Hoggs of Fife boots can get put through a lot.
Early mornings on the farm, long days grafting on construction sites, being your trusty companion as you explore the countryside - there's not a lot of weather, terrain, and activity these boots won't see.
Although anything Hoggs of Fife is trusted for its durability and longevity, sometimes things need a bit of a helping hand.
It's important to regularly clean, maintain, and inspect your boots to keep them not only looking their best, but performing their best too. That's why we've put together this handy guide, which will help you take care of your boots so they can remain your go-to pair for as long as you need them for.
Is Hoggs of Fife a Good Brand?
The brand has a long-standing heritage in the industry, dating back to 1888. Over the years, they have gained expertise and experience in creating top-notch products for outdoor enthusiasts. All the products honour the craftsman founder of this Scottish brand and proudly bear the name.
The diverse product line caters to various needs and preferences, ensuring that customers can find suitable options for both work and play. Hoggs has consistently received positive reviews from satisfied customers who appreciate the brand's quality, durability, and overall performance.
Hoggs of Fife is known for its commitment to using premium materials. It sources the finest fabrics and materials, ensuring its products are not only comfortable but also resistant to wear and tear. This attention to detail and quality control contributes to the brand's excellent reputation.
Why Choose Hoggs of Fife Boots?
There are several reasons why someone might choose Hoggs of Fife boots.
- Reputable Brand: Hoggs is a reputable and established brand that has been producing high-quality boots for over 130 years. They have a strong reputation for their craftsmanship and country footwear that delivers
- Comfort: Hoggs of Fife boots are known for their comfort. They are designed with proper cushioning and support to ensure that your feet stay comfortable even during long hours of wear
- Durability: These boots are made with high-quality materials. The brand uses premium leather and other materials that are known for their durability and resistance to wear and tear. This means that their quality leather footwear will last you a long time, making them a cost-effective investment
- Versatility: there is a wide range of boot styles to cater to different preferences and needs. Whether it's for work, outdoor activities, or casual wear, there is likely a Hoggs of Fife boot that suits your specific requirements
- Weather Protection: these boots are specially crafted to offer excellent protection against various weather conditions. Whether it's waterproofing, insulation, or breathable features, these boots are designed to keep feet dry, warm, and comfortable in different environments.
Why Do You Need to Maintain Leather Boots?
You need to maintain leather boots to ensure their longevity and keep them looking good.
Leather is a natural material that can dry out and crack if not properly cared for. Regular maintenance helps to prevent this and extends the lifespan of your boots.
Maintaining your leather boots will:
- Increase their lifespan, so you can get the best out of your boots for longer, which also reduces the need for frequent replacements
- Improve their appearance by helping to stop the leather from cracking and fading
- Increase their performance, as proper leather care can revitalise the features and breathe new life into your boots
- Keep them comfy - clean boots equals comfortable boots!
- Cleaning your boots will help them last longer - maintaining environmental sustainability.
Taking the time to care for your leather boots will help them withstand wear and tear, last longer, and continue to provide comfort and protection for your feet.
Step by Step Cleaning Guide
Whether you're a farmer, an outdoor enthusiast, or just someone who enjoys wearing durable and comfortable footwear, taking care of your Hoggs of Fife boots is essential to ensure their longevity and performance.
Hoggs boots are renowned for their quality and craftsmanship, but they still require proper care to stay in prime condition.
Here, we will guide you through the steps of caring for your boots to keep them looking great and functioning effectively.
Cleaning Equipment Needed
There's only a few bits and pieces needed to assist you in the cleaning process, and it's likely you will already have them lying around the house!
You will need:
- Soft Cloths
- A Soft Brush
- A Ruler or Tape Measure
- A Bowl of Warm Soapy Water
- An Old Towel or Drying Cloth
- Leather Conditioner.
Cleaning Your Hoggs of Fife Boots
By following these steps, you can ensure that your Hoggs boots will remain in excellent condition and provide you with years of comfort and durability.
Remember, caring for your boots is an investment in their longevity, so don't skip the necessary maintenance steps.
- It is important to remove your laces. If they are looking tatty, measure them and order some new ones. No point in shiny boots and shabby laces! If the laces are just dirty add to the laundry or soak them in a bowl of soapy water before drying thoroughly.
- For your boots: Remove any excess dirt with a soft cloth, don’t forget to brush the soles with a soft brush
- Make a solution of warm water and soap, soak a soft cloth in the solution, wring out and wipe over your shoes removing any left-over particles. Use the damp cloth to get into the crevices and get rid of all the mud and dirt
- Dry your boots thoroughly. Leather hates direct sunlight and cracks if left in it for too long!
- The best time to condition your boots is when the leather has a little warmth in it. Follow the instructions on the conditioning or waxing label of your preferred leather care product. Hoggs of Fife Professional Dubbin is a winner for keeping leather looking great!
- Once you have applied the conditioner, leave it to work its magic according to the instructions and then buff up with a soft, dry cloth.
How Often Should You Clean Your Boots?
Cleaning and conditioning your boots will depend on how often and when and where you wear them. If you are hard on your boots and wear them all the time they will need doing more regularly, we would suggest once every three months.
If you like your boots to look shoe shop clean, clean more often. If you prefer a more rugged look, once in a while will do them no harm.
It is always best to condition your boots when you have spare time and don’t need to use them for a day or two, so they have a chance to dry out naturally.
Even with proper care, boots will eventually wear out. Keep an eye out for any signs of damage or deterioration, such as loose stitching, worn out soles, or cracks in the leather. When necessary, take your boots to a professional cobbler for repairs or consider replacing them if they are beyond repair.
How to Properly Store Hoggs of Fife Boots
Now your boots are clean and conditioned it is important to keep them that way.
Wiping them over with a soft cloth after every wear will keep them looking outdoors ready, but where to keep them until you have an outdoor pursuit to go to or an errand to run is crucial too.
We've provided a few storage tips below:
- Always store shoes in a cool, dry area - shoe racks are great storage solutions
- Don’t stack your shoes on top of one another, it will cause disfigurement to the bottom one
- Try to keep your boots off the floor if storing over a season
- Use shoe trees to retain their shape
- Always make sure your shoes are thoroughly clean and dry before storing.
Taking good care of your Hoggs boots means that they will continue to look and feel great for years to come.
Proper cleaning and maintenance not only helps retain a stylish appearance, it also provides you with reliable support and comfort, no matter what you put your boots through!