Product Review | Dubarry Galway Boots
Dubarry Galway Country Boots are known to be an iconic country staple.
One of the most popular boots in the Dubarry collection, the Galways have gained a reputation for being versatile and durable.
But are they really worth the investment? Are they as comfortable and practical as they claim to be? If you're looking for an honest review before investing in a pair of these boots, then we have you covered.
Here we dive into the features, pros and cons, and whether they truly will stand the test of time. Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast, dog walker, or just looking for a stylish yet functional pair of boots, this product review will give you all the details you need to know.
Who is Dubarry of Ireland?
Established in 1937, the brand's humble beginnings involved manufacturing fine leather shoes in the heart of Galway, Ireland. Over the years, Dubarry's unwavering commitment to sourcing the finest materials and using traditional crafting techniques has cemented its reputation in the world of stunning and essential footwear.
Becoming well established by trading to the UK and Europe, Dubarry soon became a company known for performance leading footwear. By obtaining a GORE-TEX licence in the 1990s the company was able to produce the first ever breathable and waterproof sailing boot in the world - revolutionary!
As the world became their oyster, Dubarry decided to try further afield and stepped away from the sea and into the countryside, and the Galway was born.
When Would You Wear the Dubarry Galway Boots?
Designed to be worn as much in the workplace as out of it, the Galways are made to be seen as part of your outdoor country lifestyle.
These boots are perfect for:
- Everyday wear around town or country
- Country walks - muddy or otherwise!
- Day at the races
- Country shows, festivals, events
- Around yards or stables.
Key Features of Dubarry Galway Boots
The Dubarry Galway Boots are a testament to the brand's expertise and innovation. There are several key features to these boots which sees them become a durable, long-lasting option for country lovers.
These features include:
- Waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX Product Technology
- DryFast-DrySoft™ Leather that is breathable
- Knee-high leather boot with lace top
- Finger pull fitted inside boot to aid easy entry
- Rubber shock-absorbing soles
- Duo compound PU and rubber sole
- Leather ties and subtle, signature Dubarry and GORE-TEX branding throughout the boot.
Pros and Cons of Dubarry Galway Boots
Looking at reviews for the Galway suggests not only are these a popular boot but also a well-loved one too.
A signature boot for both men and women, the Galway has also been a choice for many celebrities!
- Weather Protection - made with Gore-Tex technology, these boots offer fantastic protection from downpours
- Range of Colours - so you can find a pair that suits your personal taste.
- Breathability - the DryFast-DrySoft breathable leather allows for a comfortable fit, particularly when wearing the boots for long periods of time
- Easy to Wear - the finger pull makes it easier to put these boots on, so no more struggling or toppling over! The wide entry for ease of fit is definitely one of the advantages of these high-leg boots
- Solid Construction - these boots have a boot to sole moulding to help prevent leakage and provide extra comfort
- Durability - these boots are considered long lasting by many wearers, so you know you are investing in quality
- Sturdy Soles - these boots have shock absorbing soles ideal for peace of mind when you take on rocky or wet terrain.
However, there are some factors to take into consideration when reviewing if these boots are the right option for you.
- Maintenance Required - these boots are considered an investment piece, and, like with all leather boots, they need some care and attention every so often. This might not be for everyone
- Need Breaking In - though you don’t need to wear them for days around the house beforehand, it’s worth popping them on to get used to the slightly heavy feel that can arise at first.
Are the Dubarry Galway Boots Right for Me?
There are many varieties of waterproof leather country boots out there, as they are a staple for country wardrobes, especially for those of us tackling the British weather!
It is considered a boot that oozes charm and style, as well as emphasising country chic and sophistication. It is suited for all day wear and can be mixed and matched with the rest of your country clothing with ease.
Although the original outlay can be expensive, these boots are known to have a lifespan of at least ten years when well maintained and looked after. This can therefore make these boots an investment piece.
Alternative Country Boots
If you’re not 100% sure that the Galway boots are the right choice for you, then don’t worry - there are plenty of other options out there for you!
Within the rest of Dubarry’s gorgeous quality boot range, you'll find other high-leg boots, as well as some shorter options if you would prefer.
It’s also appreciated that the price point of the Dubarry range is quite high, so there are also lots of choices amongst a range of prices.
We would suggest checking out full high-leg boot range, with some of our favourites being:
- Dublin River Boots III
- Dublin Husk Boots II
- Ariat Langdale Waterproof Leather Boots
- Ariat Windermere II Waterproof Boots.
Any questions, queries, or you just want a bit more advice on which country boot is right for you, give our customer services team a call or drop them an email.
The Dubarry Galway boots are a fabulous investment for anyone in need of a pair of durable and versatile boots.
With their waterproof, breathable, and flexible design, they provide maximum comfort and support for a wide range of outdoor activities. The quality craftsmanship and attention to detail are evident in every aspect of these boots, revealing a product that is truly built to last.
So, if you're looking for a reliable and stylish pair of boots, the Dubarry Galway boots are definitely worth considering.