The Ariat Footwear Care Guide
So, you have just bought a pair of Ariats. Every pair has been created with care and attention to detail to make sure your footwear are not only stylish and practical but comfortable, too.
Ariat footwear also stands out for their durability, letting you tackle the best the countryside has to offer without letting you down at the worst moment. With your Ariats, you can be sure of a high-quality pair of footwear or boots built to withstand any adventure you have in mind.
Combined with timeless, classic designs, you can find the right pair to complement your style while keeping your feet dry should the unpredictable British weather turn against you while you’re enjoying the countryside.
About Ariat Footwear
With more than 30 years of experience behind them, Ariat are pushing the boundaries in quality footwear. They have learned the lessons of rugged outdoor use and what people expect from boots in these conditions and combined it with technology and techniques used by athletes.
This allowed Ariat to create footwear that lasts, no matter what you put it through. They’ve combined these durable boots with style to make you look and feel good whenever you wear them - which makes you want to wear them more and get back into the country on your next outdoor excursion.
Ariat Boot Care
The durability and quality of these boots are matched with the atheistically pleasing designs, making them a boot you never want to take off your feet.
However, occasionally you will have to!
After a long day in the field our boots will need a spruce up. Mud, manure, dust and even sea water – especially sea spray if you have been galloping across the sand taking in the last of an afternoon’s warmth – will have all become ingrained in your boots. If it’s not cleaned off it will have a lasting, derogative impact on the quality leather grain used in the production of your boots and footwear.
Why Leather Is Used For Boots
Leather making has been practiced for over 7000 years. The earliest record of a leather artifact was in 2200 BCE.
Although Leather can be perceived as an unethical product 99% of the raw hide used comes from animals that have been raised for meat and/or dairy.
Full grain leather if fully cared for will very rarely wear out but instead will develop a patina and is considered the highest quality of leather.
Cleaning Your Ariat Boots
To clean your Ariat boots, follow these steps:
- Rinse your Ariat boots off in clean, fresh water. This is to get rid of the bulk of any muck. When as much of the grime has been removed as possible, it will be easier to see how dirty your boots have become.
- If you find your boots are marked or stained, take a soft bristle brush and spray on a little of Ariat’s Footwear Cleaner. On a more stubborn stain use a damp cloth. Spray more of the fabric cleaner onto the stain and rub in a circular motion increasing the pressure as needed. Finish by giving the boots an all over brush to loosen and remove any excess dirt.
- Once satisfied that the dirt has been removed and the boots are stain free, rewash in fresh clean water. By now your boots will probably be very wet. Stuff the inside of the boots with absorbent tissue paper or newspaper and leave to dry at room temperature - away from a direct heat source. This will ensure that the leather does not take in the rise in temperature too quickly, which can have an adverse effect on the material as it needs to retain its suppleness.
- Once your boots are thoroughly dry, it is important that we condition the leather - almost like feeding it. Ariat’s Leather Cream Polish (in neutral pr black) will renew the colour and condition and cover any scuffs. Apply liberally with a soft cloth in small, circular motions, making sure the entire boot has soaked up this rich cleaner. Once it has penetrated the boot all over, get your clean, soft brush and buff until they shine.
- Now that we have rinsed and cleaned and buffed our boots back into shape, we need to finish off with a waterproof spray. Ariat's Footwear Waterproofing Spray is just the ticket. It offers an effective water repellent finish and is safe to use on most footwear products.
Making this a regular routine will ensure that your Ariat boots will not compromise your style even when you’re mucking out!
If you’d like to know more about cleaning and caring for your Ariat boots, contact us today and our friendly team will be happy to help. You can also explore our full range of Ariat footwear to find the perfect addition to your outdoor wardrobe.